Sunday 14 October 2007

Media Analysis Lecture 3: Newspapers

I will now put my hands up in all hoesty and say that i have never been one to read newspapers. I want to be a journalist yet i dont read newspapers, how terrible does that sound. Well ive decided everything has to start somewhere and now is the time for me to start learning about the politics and reality of the wanderful world we live in. From far left to far right there are many different opinions and preferences throughout newspapers all of which i am slowly aquiring.
The group i am in was appointed The Guardian to research and read about.I discovered that not only does it have a sports section for the men, it also has a media section for all those media buffs out there which i found extremely satisfying as when i was reading it i was glad to have articles carrying some familiarity to me.
The many other newspapers analysed including The Times and The Mirror i found extremely influential and i am eager to learn and read more about them to improve my knowledge of the news as i think i can safely say right now i dont know huge amount.

No comments: